Monday, December 2, 2013

Go CARDS!

Oct. 20, 2013
Go CARDS!
So Cardinals are rocking it.  The other week we had dinner at the Nolen's.  They are huge Cardinals fans.  They found out that I was not and starting joking about how they can call me to be a card's fan and how since there were multiple priesthood holders there they could set me apart then and there.  There might have been a sustaining vote.  I guess only time will tell if I magnify my calling or not.  Sacrilegious?  Maybe.  Funny?  Absolutely.
After dinner with the Nolen's, Brother Nolen took us to this grave that was found by his house.  There are three headstones and they're all from the early 1800s.  Two of them are for children, the other one I think is a joke.  The two children ones look really weathered and old, but the other one looks almost brand new.  And the name is, get this, Frickenstein.  If that's not someone trying to pull my leg, I don't know what is.
Onto the real reason I'm out here.  Finding has been slow, but the investigators we do have are progressing wonderfully.  Glennis is doing so amazing so Sister Felt and I were bracing ourselves for a setback.  There was one.  Glennis doesn't live in a good neighborhood.  Her neighbors are drug dealers and are causing a lot of problems.  They have stolen her tablet and they broke into her house Thursday while she was at a Relief Society activity with us.  When things get like this, she gets really tired and doesn't read like she normally does.  So Sister Felt and I are just going in full force support right now.
An exciting thing has happened!  Michelle told us that she has accepted the Book of Mormon to be true!!!!!!!  She was writing a letter to another missionary and talking about she is afraid to actually pray about it, because of the answer she might receive when BAM!  It hit her!  She came downstairs and handed us the letter.  Sister Felt thought it was a letter dropping us.  Quite the opposite!  It's all just so exciting and I'm so happy for her and I know how much the gospel blesses lives and how she is going to be so much happier and awesome and super and fantastic having it apart of her life!
Until next Monday!

P.S.  Sorry about no post last Monday.  We had zone p day (we carved pumpkins and Elder Toki helped me bring out my inner ninja in volleyball) so we had a limited amount of time on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment