Sunday, August 18, 2013


Letter dated August 1, 2013

So its the end of the second day (first full day). Not as bad as everybody warns.  There was definitely a moment after lunch in class that was really difficult to keep my eyes open.  I really hope I adjust to this new schedule....and fast.

So my first companion is Sister Mortensen from Logandale, Nevada.  She's awesome.  She goes to Utah State and is going to be a dietitian.  And she has a brother named Devon...not sure how he spells it though.  We have a lot in common, chich is wonderful.

The two other sisters in my room are Sister Diehl and Sister Newman.  they too are amazing and we all get along smashingly!

Our first night, our sister training leaders and their roommates (they're in the same zone as us) came over to our room and we all talked about why we decided to go on missions.  It was so cool to hear all the sisters' stories and the spirit was so strong!  The spirit is always strong here though.  I love it!

The elder in my district are hilarious.  Me and Elder Payne geeked out over our love of Top Gear and Doctor Who.  At lunch the elders told me and Sister Mortinsen how they were involved in some harmless dork dot hazing last night.  And from that comes the quote of the week:  Elder Dagman:  "I can't pray to Joseph Smith!  I pray to God!!"  Yah, that's one where you kind of had to be there.  By the way a dork dot is a little orange sticker you wear on your name tag on your first day.  It helps the other missionaries know that if you look lost, it's because you are and they should help.  It also helps to let the other missionaries know who to yell out things in other languages to.  (It was always Welcome and small warnings like, "Don't drink the orange juice!")

I've only been here a little bit but I feel like my knowledge of the gospel and my testimony have grown leaps and bounds.  

I miss you all, but try not to think about it.  "Talk" to you Wednesday!  (that's my P-day here at the MTC.)

Love 

Sister Trop (say what?!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment