Sunday, August 18, 2013

Email dated August 7, 2013

IT'S P-DAY!!!  I have been looking forward to this day since Saturday.  My big plans are to email people and to take a nap!!  I expected you'd send the photo album to Missouri.  I got my travel itinerary.  I leave the MTC next Tuesday at 3:30 in the morning.  Gah!  My plane leaves at like 8 or 9.  I'll call you before then at the airport.  So make sure you have your cell phone on you.  I got your letter.  Thanks for the envelopes and stamps.  I went and bought envelopes at the bookstore but only a few stamps cause they're kind of expensive (well, expensive for someone who only gets $8 a week to spend.  And yes, I can just use my own money, but I'm never carrying it around when I go to the bookstore).
 
I love my district.  It's a good thing the elders have sisters or they'd never get anything done, and it's a good thing the sisters have elders or we'd never let loose and laugh.  Sister Mortensen and I have gotten really close to Elders Austin and Van Tassell.  I actually haven't been feeling well and asked for them to give me a blessing last night.  Of course I'm the one who gets sick in the MTC.  Elder Van Tassell reminds me of Britney Speirs.  They are exactly alike. 
 
Elder Dingman is our district leader and is awesome.  If I had a little sister, I would want him to marry her. Elder Payne is his companion.
 
Brenda Speirs sent me cookies!!  Please tell her thank you for me, I don't have her email.  Tell her I shared them with my district and they were very appreciative.  It was funny because on Sunday night we watched a video called The Character of Christ (life changing).  It was Elder Bednar's Christmas Day Devotional at the MTC.  But he was talking about how we are like Cookie Monster.  When he gets a cookie he shoves it in his mouth and demands more, "Me want cookies!"  He went on to say, we need to stop focusing inward and start focusing outward.  When I first got the cookies, I wasn't going to share but then after class I said I'd share my cookies so I wouldn't be Cookie Monster.  It's not as funny writing it now, but it was hilarious then.  I feel like that's how it goes in general, we laugh at the stupidest things because we're being serious so much of the time.
 
Turns out one of my teachers, Sister Gibson, is friends with Kristen Metzger!!  Tell Debbie that for me.  I'll make sure to look for Elder Snow today and Elder Davenport.  My big P-Day plans consist of napping, painting my nails, and sitting outside yelling "Welcome to the MTC!!!!"  at all the new elders and sisters.  That was definitely interesting my first day.  You have an orange sticker on your badge so people know you're new.  I was having stuff yelled at me in so many different languages.  It's definitely entertaining wandering around and hearing snippets of conversations in other languages.  The MTC really is it's own little world. 
 
We had Tuesday Night Devotional.  They broadcast that one on the BYU channel, I highly recommend watching them, you can learn a lot from them.  I realize more and more each day, how little I know, and how much I need to rely on the Holy Ghost to teach and testify to investigators.  I give them the mind knowledge and the spirit gives them the heart knowledge.
 
Because my P-Days in the MTC are on Wednesdays, but on Mondays in the field I won't be able to write you an email for about a week and a half.  I'll write you a letter on the plane though.  You might get another email with pictures later today.  I just forgot to bring my camera and cord to the computer lab.
 
Love,
Devon
 
P.S.  I almost wrote Sister Trop



No comments:

Post a Comment